The T1ER League is comprised of USAH National Bound registered teams that compete in a full season at highest level for USA Hockey, which includes strategically located and scheduled showcases during the 2023-24 season. The T1ER Leagues primary mission is to provide development and exposure opportunities for players as they advance on the path to one day play high level junior and college hockey. Historically, the majority of Tier I players recruited by NAHL teams come from the T1ER League, which includes a record number of 66 players tendered in the NAHL for the 2022-23 season. Since 2020, no other youth league has advanced more players to the NAHL than the T1ER League.
- Divisions, competition and playoff seeding will be determined by a series of data points utilized by the NAPHL Power Rankings
- NAHL Central Scouting will attend T1ER events in order to add additional scouting and exposure opportunities for the players
- T1ER League players have access to the NAHL Tendering system that is exclusive only to the NAPHL
- The September event is strategically held in conjunction with the NAHL Showcase which draws hundreds of NHL, NCAA and junior scouts annually
- The October event is strategically held in conjunction with the Tender distribution for the NAHL
- NCAA Academic and Junior Recruiting Seminars will take place in October and parents are welcome to attend
- Regional events designed to save on travel and maximize guest team competition
- An 18U and 16U Top Prospects event will take place in February in conjunction with the NAHL Top Prospects that draws hundreds of scouts annually
- T1ER League and its players receive the full support of the NAHL hockey operations and marketing staff
- T1ER League has a dedicated Director, Administrator, Digital Media Coordinator and Director of On Ice Officials
- USAH and NAPHL Playing Rules are utilized in order to provide a pure junior preparatory environment
- USAH National Bound Roster Rules will apply at all times
- League website & Real-time statistics dedicated to promoting the T1ER
- Live video broadcast of every T1ER League Showcase game
- Participants must stay in approved T1ER partner hotels
- Participants must work in the spirit of partnership with T1ER initiatives
- Applicants must execute such documents as are reasonably necessary to complete application
2023-24 T1ER Events
Showcases are the large events utilized to attract more scouts in strategic locations and are mandatory for all 18/16/15/14U teams.
September 14-17, 2023:
Partnered with the NAHL Showcase will consist of four games in four days. This event will be the only ticketed event of the season and is mandatory for all 18/16/15/14U teams. Teams will compete against other T1ER, MN High Performance and Tier I guest teams.
October 13-16, 2023:
This event is strategically scheduled for the release of NAHL tenders exclusive to the T1ER League. This event will contain an NCAA and Junior Recruiting seminars and is mandatory for all 18/16/15/14U teams. Teams will compete against other T1ER, MN High Performance and Tier I guest teams.
Dixon Cup Championship
February 16-19, 2024:
This event is the T1ER League Dixon Cup championship and is mandatory for all 18/16/15/14/13/12/11U teams. Divisions and seeding will be determined by a series of data points used by NAPHL power rankings.
Regional Events are smaller events utilized to reduce travel cost for league games and are mandatory for all 18/16U teams.
December 1-3, 2023:
December 16-18, 2023:
February 2-4, 2024:
Cranberry Township, PA
NAHL Experience Events are smaller events played at the home of an NAHL team held and are optional for all 18/16U teams.
NAHL Experience Showcase East
October 27-29, 2023:
NAHL Experience Showcase West
November 17-19, 2023:
- Each event costs $2,500
- 18U, 16U, 15U, 14U Payment Structure
- 50% due on or before July 15
- 50% due on or before November 15
- 13U, 12U, 11U Payment Structure
- 100% due on or before July 15
- Returning teams will be invoiced accordingly
- New teams applying for the T1ER League must complete the steps below:
- Complete the online application form in its entirety.
- Mail a check payable to the NAPHL for each team you are applying for and send to the following:
5151 Belt Line Rd. Suite 877
Dallas, TX 75254
- Applications that are accepted will be invoiced the remaining fees, minus the $2,500 application fee.
- Applicants that are not accepted will be refunded the $2,500 application fee.
- Please contact Dennis Vickers if you wish to enter a team in the T1ER League.